Sunday, January 1, 2012

It's a New Year

I tried calling Moriah at the usual time, but there was no answer. I guess that is a good thing. She must have gone out with everyone else at the group home rather than refusing and staying in. I felt badly last week because a staff member had to stay with Moriah rather than going to a holiday party because Moriah refused to budge from the group home. I was able to come and get Moriah early enough, so that the staff member could enjoy the party.

This has been a roller coaster of a year with my sweet Moriah. It all started with a little, tiny pill bug that crossed her path on a walk we took in March. Moriah's mission since than has been to collect every pill bug from our backyard, her school's property, her group home's yard, our neighborhood, the zoo, Target parking lot, and just about every place we ventured out to. She would dig outside in our backyard to the point where my plants were being dug up and I would spend the next couple of days replanting my lavender.

Thank heavens the weather has turned cold and the pill bugs have become more difficult to find. I told Moriah that the pill bugs are sleeping now. I am hoping by March, she will have moved on to a different obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment