Monday, January 2, 2012

The Zoo

"Where are we going?"

I can feel the warmth of her face before she even says the words. I am still in bed. It is 4:30 a.m.

"Where are we going?" she repeats, not in a whisper.

I lie there, with my eyes still closed knowing this is a very loaded question. How I answer will set the tone for the day. If I pick the correct subject, life will be grand. If I don't guess correctly, the next action from Moriah may be a pinch to my arm or a smack upside my head.

I take a deep breath and say, " the zoo." I wait, nothing. I was correct. She makes a happy squeaking sound and exits my bedroom.

"Where are we going?" Moriah asks again five minutes later.

"The zoo." I mutter

"Where are we going?" she taps me on my shoulder.

This will go on until we are at the zoo. The zoo doesn't open until 10:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment